Friday, August 24, 2012

Sungurko Khuttako Achar


This is one of the receipes that Pooja gave me. I have made this one and its AWESOME.
This is the closest I can get to Pooja's home cooking. Oh I must write a post on food that I grew up eating. Not in my house. In Pooja's house. I used to take a detour while going home after school, just to eat in her place...OK. So now the knowledge is public!!
 
Anyway, here is what we need to do; and this one I quote Pooja:
 
"Ingredients:
Sungurko khutta (Pork trotters/feet)- 1 kg
Garlic sliced - 2 tbs
Ginger cut into thin strips - 2 tbs
Onion - 1 medium sliced
Tomatoes - 1 large sliced
Black jeera (OK I had to look up Wikipedia to see the english for this. Here are the English names  fennel flower, nutmeg flower, Roman coriander, blackseed or black caraway and finally black cumin. This is the star of the dish so do not miss this one out. Picture if the thing here.  Oh and btw when you use this to make Aludum..yum yum. I need to put that on this blog too) - 1 1/2 tsf
Green chillies - depends on how hot you want it
Tumeric - 1 tsf
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbs

Method:
Cut pork feet into medium sized pieces. Rinse well. Boil for 3-4 minutes, rinse well and clean the feet thoroughly.
In a thick bottomed saucepan add all the ingredients except the black jeera, 1 tbs oil and the garlic.
Cook in medium heat adding a little water every now and then till cooked.
Once the meat is cooked to your liking, temper the black jeera and garlic in around 1 tbs oil and add to the pork."
 
And thats it! Delicious stuff...and of course if you have black dal and rice to go with this...perfection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment