Thursday, November 29, 2012

Roast chicken

 

OK so I confess. I didnt roast a turkey. I dont like turkey and I dont think my friends do either. But more importantly the thought of roasting a turkey scared me. What if I failed...my thanksgiving would have been ruined. So I took the safer way out and decided to roast a chicken instead. And I am glad I did because the chicken turned out to be pretty darn good.

And it was so simple. Here is what I did:
Ingredients
  • 1 whole Chicken, Rinsed And Patted Dry
  • 3/4 cups Butter, Softened
  • Lemons
  • Rosemary
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Zest lemons. Strip the leaves off of one of the rosemary sprigs and chop it up finely.
In a bowl, combine softened butter, lemon zest, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
Use your fingers to smear the butter mixture all over the chicken, under the skin, and inside the cavity. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice of one lemon all over the chicken. Place the lemon halves (if they'll fit!) and the some rosemary leaves into the cavity of the bird.
 
Place the chicken into the oven and roast it for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until done.
 
I put the chicken directly on the rack. I used the drippings to make gravy (drippings on veggies, flour, chicken stock and fillings from one sausage...boil until it thickens).
Both delicious.
 
And so simple.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment