Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oyster @ Hank's




So, we have moved to Alexandria, VA. There is a place here called King's Street...and what a feast the King has laid out for us!!
OK, enough of theatrics. So in King's Street there is a restaurant called Hank's Oyster Bar. And that is where I had my first oyster. It was oyster with lemon and butter. Mono told me that is how everyone has oysters. Of course I was a little squeamish at first; the thought of raw sea food was not very appetizing. But Mono dared me into trying it out! And I did; and I am glad! It was delicious! A little spongy, and it tasted of the sea. Salty and fresh. And the lemon and butter really added on to the flavor! Would I have oysters again? Hell..yes!
Apart from oysters we had some Calamari (the biggest ones I had ever seen) and some lamb chops (yes in a sea food restaurant). The lamb chops were good...only problem was they got me rare when I asked for well done. But well the chops were good so I let them go! I dont exactly remember what was the side with the lambs...thats sad because I know whatever I had was good.
And dessert? I played it safe. Chocolate mousse. Wasn't out of the world; was quite good actually!
Overall, a good dinner.
I need to go back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment