Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Peruvian Chicken

I have been lazy lately. Either I have not been cooking, or I have been cooking simple stuff. I have not even been eating out...I guess I have officially become a bum!!
However, on Sunday we went out to eat. It was this hole of a place, with an unimaginative name..."Peruvian Chicken". The food however was anything but! It was one of the better cooked chicken in the country.
They serve you either whole chicken, 1/2 chicken, or 1/4 chicken. I took 1/4. It came with a side of rice and salad. Rice was cooked with peas, very bland...it went well with the chicken. The salad was a simple cabbage and carrot salad with dressing which had mint in it! The mint dressing could also be used for chicken. But the chicken...that was so good! It was roasted over charcoal. And the way way it fell off its bones, I am assuming it was roasted for sometime. Maybe even more than 12 hour. Whatever they did to it, the flavors were good...and went right till the insides of the chicken. It had a woody (in a nice way) taste, and the skin was crisp. Yumm, yumm. 
Oh and by the way, I ordered a coconut juice for my drink. It was not intentional but the two went well!
I need to go back to the place again!

No comments:

Post a Comment