Sunday, March 25, 2012

Aromatic Jasmine Rice


I know I said I would make things that everyone would be able to cook.....but well I HAD to try this out because it had something called Jasmine Rice and it sounded so Aladdin...Actually I thought Jasmine rice would be scented like Jasmine or something.I dunno what I thought, but for all who are concerned...its an aromatic rice.Somehow the aroma reminded me of the rice we got from our villages back home....locally known as 'busty ko chamal'...but with longer grains....a bit like basmati rice.but the jasmine rice had a stronger aroma...

Anyways so here is what i used...

2 cups jasmine rice (but like i said, you could probably replace it with any aromatic rice)
About half an inch of ginger...grated.
Grated zest of 1 lime
1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
salt to taste
1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander....i love cilantro in my food so i was extra generous with it


Put everything except the cilantro and cook like you would make normal rice...not in a pressure cooker though.garnish with cilantro.

Serve with the pork dish that is next in the blog....
Its good.Trust me it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment