Sunday, March 25, 2012

Avocado Grape and Lentil Salad



I made this salad one evening at around 11 o clock when I was SO hungry I could have eaten a horse.And I am so glad I did because this has become my favorite salad till date.Super easy to make....super tasty and super healthy.

This is what you need

  • zest of 2 lemon (which is nothing but grated outer covering of the lemon)
  • cucumber
  • red pepper
  • red grapes (no problem if you don't have red grapes....green grapes are just fine...its just that adding the red grapes gives the salad a delicious colour)
  • green grapes
  • avocados
  • lemon juice
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • salt to taste.
  • any lentil...I used masur....red lentil.
Take some water and bring it to a boil.Add some salt to this water and boil the lentil in it till they are just done and not mushy.Boil them and drain them just like you would do a pasta.Set them aside to cool.

For the dressing...take the Olive oil, juice of the lemon and salt to taste and whip them together well.

For the rest of the veggies chop them to bite sizes...or whatever size you want and mix them well...add the cooled lentil and the dressing.Mix and enjoy.

YUMMMMM....like I said.The bestest Salad ever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment